Signs You’ll Notice
As a patient, these symptoms will be the most obvious to you:
- Pain: This can range from dull aches to sharp pains as well as from mild to severe. You may also feel throbbing and the pain may be inconsistent.
- Gum Tenderness: Tender and swollen gums near the affected tooth may occur. The swollen areas may or may not experience pain when touched.
- Increased Symptom Frequency: While at first symptoms might be sporadic, they usually increase in frequency and duration.
- Varied Symptoms: You may experience a combination of these symptoms in various degrees.
Signs Your Endodontist Will Notice
Dr Michael Baharestani DDS Root canal specialist in Great Neck will use these signs to indicate a root issue:
- Radiolucency: In a routine X-Ray, your dental professional may notice ark spots indicating a damaged root.
- Gum Boils: The official name is fistulous tracts, but most patients refer to these pimple-like occurrences as gum boils. They typically form at the tip of the tooth root.
- Darkened Teeth: A single or standout darkened tooth may indicate inner root problems.
- Exposed Tooth Nerve: An exposed tooth root is a clear indication for professional intervention.
What You Should Do If You Think You Need a Root Canal?
If you are worried you need a root canal, you should:
- Make an Appointment: The first thing you should do is make an appointment with your dental professional. Go in as soon as possible to catch the issue as early as possible.
- Submit to Diagnostic Testing: Your dental professional will use a range of equipment like X-Rays to determine the true cause of your symptoms.
After consulting with Dr. Baharestani , ask about the next steps in the process and how to prevent future root canals. Give us a call or set up your appointment online.